Exposure Draft ED SR1 Australian Sustainability Reporting Standards – Disclosure of Climate-related Financial Information
Monday, October 23, 2023
The AASB has released Exposure Draft ED SR1 Australian Sustainability Reporting Standards – Disclosure of Climate-related Financial Information to propose climate-related financial disclosure requirements. ED SR1 is open for comment until Friday, 1 March 2024.
ED SR1 includes three draft Australian Sustainability Reporting Standards (ASRS Standards):
- [draft] ASRS 1 General Requirements for Disclosure of Climate-related Financial Information, developed using IFRS S1 General Requirements for Disclosure of Sustainability-related Financial Information as the baseline but with a scope limitation to climate-related financial disclosure;
- [draft] ASRS 2 Climate-related Financial Disclosures, developed using IFRS S2 Climate-related Disclosures as the baseline; and
- [draft] ASRS 101 References in Australian Sustainability Reporting Standards, developed as a service standard that would be updated periodically to list the relevant versions of any non-legislative documents published in Australia and foreign documents that are referenced in ASRS Standards.
How to get involved
The AASB invites stakeholders to provide feedback on ED SR1 by:
- submitting a comment letter on the AASB website;
- completing an online survey – click here to access; or
- attending a roundtable discussion – details to be provided shortly.