In performing our functions and administering our legislation, we may collect, hold, use or disclose your personal information. This policy contains information about how we collect, use, disclose and store personal information, including sensitive information, and how individuals may access and correct personal information that we may hold.
We take privacy seriously and will only collect, use and disclose your personal information in accordance with the Privacy Act and other applicable laws.
The Privacy Act applies to information about individuals, not to information about entities such as businesses, firms or trusts. If we do not receive personal information about you, the Privacy Act will not apply. Detailed information on the Privacy Act can be found on the website of the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.
You should read this policy if you are:
- an individual whose personal information may be given to or held by us;
- a contractor, consultant, supplier or vendor of goods or services to us or someone who has tendered to provide goods or services to us;
- a person seeking employment with us;
- a person who is or was employed by AASB;
- a person who is appointed to, or is being considered for appointment, to a statutory position within the office;
- a person who has sent correspondence (including submissions) to us;
- a person who has made enquiries or complaints to us;
- a person who has made Freedom of Information (FOI) requests or Special Access requests to us.
Privacy Impact Assessment Register
The AASB has not created any privacy impact assessments.